Vivitar Introduces New Kids Tech Augmented Reality Line at 2018 CES®, Making STEM Interesting and Fun for All
Vivitar, a legacy family brand of fun and affordable tech products, unveils at 2018 CES® this week its brand new augmented reality line, with a focus on bringing fun STEM products to kids everywhere. The new products include a headset for kids to view 3D models of animals, a microscope that uses augmented reality to learn more about what the kids are looking at, a globe that lets kids explore the world and learn about different cultures, and even a DIY speaker kit. These latest offerings and more will be previewed at the Las Vegas Convention Center, January 9-12, 2018, at the Central Hall, Booth #16037.
All of Vivitar’s new Kids Tech products are scheduled to be available Q2. The expanded line includes:
Virtual Reality Headset and Augmented Reality Cards
- This virtual reality headset detects the motion in any smartphone and allows kids to see a whole new world!
- Scan the interactive cards to watch animals come to life in 4D
- Content is available for free download and the headset is compatible with any phone
Augmented Reality Microscope Kit
- Get up close and personal with tons of cool bugs with this microscope and 4D interactive cards
- Powerful microscope is capable of 3 magnifications, 300x, 600x, and 1000x
- Content is available for free download
Augmented Reality Globe
- Explore the world with this augmented reality globe. Simply scan an area of the globe with a smartphone and learn all about that city or country
- Educational information and engaging games available for download with free apps
- Complete globe spins around for easy access to any area of the map
DIY Speaker Box
- Bring out the inner engineer in kids with the DIY speakerbox
- Comes with all the parts required to build your very own speaker set
- Simply dock a phone in the speaker and play
Augmented Reality Telescope
- View the planets in the sky and on your screen with the Star Gazer telescope kit
- 4D interactive cards give a view of each planet along with additional information
- Adjustable telescope comes with a powerful lense and a built in viewing scope
For more information, check out Vivitar at the Las Vegas Convention Center, Central Hall, Booth #16037, or visit http://www.vivitar.com.
Vivitar designs and manufactures affordable consumer electronics ranging from on-trend digital lifestyle products for millennial consumers to cameras and accessories for amateur and professional photographers. With a rich heritage dating back to 1938, the company's portfolio today spans mobile and audio accessories, cameras, and a constantly evolving array of specialty products in emerging electronics categories. It also is the largest supplier of digital still cameras, camcorders and accessories around the world, harkening back to its origins as an importer of photographic equipment and its subsequent development of industry-leading mass-market cameras, lenses and flashes. A division of Sakar International since 2008, Vivitar is headquartered in Edison, NJ, with offices in the United Kingdom, Latin America, Canada, Australia and Hong Kong, and global retail distribution through more than 100,000 mass market and specialty locations. For more information, visit http://www.vivitar.com or follow the company on social media at Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
- Melissa Hoistion